Monday, November 26, 2012

{Old} Hollywood Beauties

There's nothing I love more than sitting down and enjoying an old film full of glamorous dresses, primped hair and flawless makeup.

The actresses that graced the silver screen were naturally gorgeous as they hadn't yet started to do as much plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures. They had the signature curly hair and red stained lips... it's amazing what was considered "normal" everyday wear back then is now considered dressing up! 

Maybe in a future post I'll share with you some of my all time favorite old movies, but for now, I'll just show you some of the beauties of old Hollywood!
Do you have a favorite classic actress?


Claudia Cardinale
{via pinterest}

Anne Baxter
{via pinterest}

Jane Russell
{via pinterest}

Natalie Wood
{via pinterest}

Vivien Leigh
{via pinterest}

Veronica Lake
{via pinterest}

Deborah Kerr
{via pinterest}

Marilyn Monroe
{via pinterest}

Brigitte Bardot
{via pinterest}

Anita Ekberg
{via pinterest}

Myrna Loy
{via pinterest}

Rita Hayworth
{via pinterest}

Ingrid Bergman
{via pinterest}

Audrey Hepburn
{via pinterest}

Lauren Bacall
{via pinterest}

Lana Turner
{via pinterest}

Betty Grable
{via pinterest}

Maureen O'Hara
{via pinterest}

Elizabeth Taylor
{via pinterest}

Grace Kelly
{via pinterest}

Sophia Loren
{via pinterest}

Jane Fonda
{via pinterest}

Gene Tierney
{via pinterest}

Greta Garbo
{via pinterest}

Doris Day
{via pinterest}

Jeanne Crain
{via pinterest}

Kim Novak
{via pinterest}

Gina Lollobrigida
{via pinterest}

Ava Gardner
{via pinterest}

Sandra Dee
{via pinterest}

Joan Bennett
{via pinterest}

Ann Miller
{via pinterest}

Yvonne De Carlo
{via pinterest}


I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are getting in the Christmas spirit!

Stay Beautiful!
xoxo,
Elizabeth




  

20 comments:

  1. Ah..how I love old films. You're so right, the actresses were so beautiful and natural. Although I once saw a documentary on Marilyn Monroe's make-up tricks and she had quite a few secrets which created beautiful illusions.

    Also, thank YOU for visiting my blog, it also makes me smile. You're such a lovely girl, I'm glad I discovered your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's true, they had a natural beauty and they knew how to show off their natural assets. Today a lot of people hide their natural beauty in order to look like what everyone else tells them they should look like! My favorite beauty classic actresses are Lauren Bacall and Grace Kelly ;)
    Thank you sooo much for your lovely comment and for following!!!! I’m following you back now :)
    Unfortunately you haven't “bloglovin”, but if you decide to add it on your blog, PLEASE let me know, and we can follow each other there as well, it's an easier way to keep in touch ;)
    Hope you're having a nice day and a have a wonderful week, full of things that makes your heart happy<3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant post hun, I hadn't seen so many of these legendary beauties before, they all have such unique and glamourous looks. I loved the hairstyling and makeup from way back then. Thanks for your lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore this post, Elizabeth! I've never seen that photo of Marilyn with dark hair- she looked just stunning with both colors! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such classic beauties! Love it! www.fashionifancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore Audrey. I pretend I was her in my past life. No big deal

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're all so pretty!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are breathtakingly beautiful women! So much class. I adore Veronica's hair <3

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post! i love your blog ;)
    kisses
    http://blogcashmeremafia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Old hollywood is unforgetable...so full of class...my favorite right now is Ava Gardner...read her biography and i am fascinated by this woman

    http://bellaconscience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great selection of photos!! Gorgeous ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely selection - great post. without a doubt my favourite is Grace Kelly - always stylish no matter what she wore.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, a simply stunning compilation of beauty ... Hollywood at its most glamorous! Like so many of them, it's too difficult to choose a favorite! Thanks for stopping by this week ~ hope your holiday season is simply magical! ~xoSandy

    SANDY M Illustration
    http://oohlafroufrou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Old Hollywood is so fascinating. I love how women back in the 30's, 40's and 50's dressed everyday. Rita Hayworth and Elizabeth Taylor are two of my favorites. Yvonne De Carlo always interested me, I could scarcely tell that she played Lilly Munster.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree, the original Holywood stars looked so beautiful, classy and timeless - and they didn't have to have any procedures! They should serve as inspiration and role models when it comes to beauty and elegance.

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog, I'm glad you liked Lauren Conrad's books! I only read one for now (Style), but I am looking forward to starting the second one soon!

    Have a lovely day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are so many makeup and hair tips we can learn from these classic beauties. But my favorite one is of Marilyn with dark hair..what a beauty as a brunette! Have a great day!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post! One thing they all shared (besides being gorgeous) perfectly manicured eyebrows--love the photo on Nathalie Wood--those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is real beauty, and these women are the purest inspiration! My girls are BB and Rita, but gosh I love so much MM with the darker hair!:)
    Enjoy your day my darling! kisses

    ReplyDelete