Monday, August 20, 2012

The September Issue

I'm always so excited for August to come around and we start seeing the magazines that we read and love every month suddenly turn into books. 600 pages of fashion delight just waiting to be explored! Some complain that half of the pages are ads, but I love looking at ads and how they're styled. Not to mention the beautiful photography.

So which magazine do you enjoy even more in the month of August? And which cover star do you think nailed the cover this month?

{via pinterest}

{via pinterest}

{via pinterest}

{via pinterest}

{via pinterest}

{via pinterest}

{via pinterest}

{via pinterest}

{via pinterest}

Of course there are more covers such as Cosmo and Allure, but to me (call me old-fashioned) they're too risque for me to put on my blog. I try to keep this space as PG-rated as I can!

It's so hard for me to choose which one I love most, but I love how they didn't photoshop Penelope as much on the W cover. We can still see her gorgeous freckles! Way to go W! 
And Victoria is looking so cute on the Glamour cover. I'm loving how she's wearing the jewels in the bathtub... you can't get more luxe than that!

I hope you all have a fantastic Monday!
Stay Beautiful!
xoxo,
Elizabeth





9 comments:

  1. Agree with your comment about Penelope ... it's charming and seeing her freckles makes her even look more youthful! Elle and Bazaar are attention getters too because of the hot pink color that's so eye-catching. I'm with you on keeping things PG, I do the same ;) ... just more tasteful, I think. Cudos! Have a wonderful week! xoSandy

    SANDY M Illustration
    http://oohlafroufrou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough call but I am loving Vanity Fair and Harper's Bazaar! I can't wait to go raid the magazine isle at the grocery!
    Have a lovely week!
    Cheers,
    Sara
    www.SocialSara.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. My InStyle magazine just came and I swear I thought it was a phone book until I looked at it. I am SO behind in my magazine reading. I just finished the July issue!!

    Amy



    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree- some magazine covers have become way TOO RACY!

    I would be in favor of toning it down, just a bit :)

    xoxo, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the VF, Bazaar and Vogue covers. I am not a huge fan of Gaga...her personality bugs but I like her music..but I think the cover of Vogue is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess that to my eyes, Penelope is the fairest of them all! Gorgeous woman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gwen and Miley are the best "cover wise". Kate is always fabulous, but it isn't much of a staged cover so....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elizabeth great post. I have to say i like the victoria one best as she is more natural in it. She always looks so glum its nice to see her bit more relaxed. Im so sick of Catherine u c living here in Ireland so close to England its just overkill she is literally on the cover of our magazines every week Im totally sick of it. Hope ur having a great week my lovely friend big kiss from Dublin xx leonie.




    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with you- I love that you can see Penelopes freckles! So cute!

    ReplyDelete