Friday, June 22, 2012

Shall We Dance?

Dancing has always had a big part in human culture throughout history. While dancing is usually centered around events such as weddings or parties, it can also be a form of entertainment and competition.

The word "dancing" can bring many different pictures into your mind, depending on how you were raised, which part of the world you live in, and what social circles you are apart of. There's ballet, hip-hop, line dancing, pop, ballroom, break dancing, tap, synchronized, and the "whatever" dance where you just get up and start moving to the beat of the music. There's refined dancing and not so refined dancing. The list can go on and on.

To me, there's one dance out of all of these that's withstood the test of time and is loved and appreciated by everyone, no matter their age, race, or social standing... it's called the romantic dance... cue the *Awwws* and *Sighs*. You know what I'm talking about, right? You've probably seen this dance again and again in every single chick-flick known to man. The scene where the "in love" couple move as one on the dance floor in a swoon-worthy fashion (sometimes they hate each other when they dance, but by the end of the dance... cupid has struck). 

What girl doesn't love these scenes??












Are you sighing and awwwing yet? I thought so...

Stay Beautiful!
xoxo,
Elizabeth



24 comments:

  1. Love the pic of Gemma and George! Such a great topic to post about!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks for commenting, hun!
      I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
      Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Great post!! I hope you have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, Alisa! I'm glad you enjoyed the post.
      Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous pics! All are so sweet and romantic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it!
      Thanks for the sweet comment, Kristen!
      Xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love the Sound of Music. Such a great movie. You know I love dance (since I teach jazz!)

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that movie too!
      Great to hear from you Amy!
      Xoxo

      Delete
  5. Great post!!!

    NEW OUTFIT POST
    www.cheapandglamour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear!
      I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
      Xoxo

      Delete
  6. great post! style inspiration to the max
    www.northernstyle.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you stopped by and left me a comment, Hun!
      Have a wonderful weekend...
      Xoxo

      Delete
  7. Awwww I love these...nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Johanna!
      I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
      Xoxo

      Delete
  8. Dancing is so romantic its a shame its not done very often anymore!! I loved all of these pictures :D

    http://www.101fashionstreet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it! Have a wonderful day, Hun!
      Xoxo

      Delete
  9. Hi,I love your blog :)Come to me and see may new blog :)

    Adam,

    http://bmagazyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!
      I will check out your blog. Thanks for commenting on mine!

      Delete
  10. oh Elizabeth u do such fabulous posts i love to dance i am not very good but sure at least i hav fun. great choice of images and i am definitely ahhing at how gorgeous does ralph fiennes look in that last photo wow. hope ur having a great weekend kisses my lovely friend xx leonie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're always so encouraging and sweet in every comment, Leonie! Your comment brought a huge smile to my face!
      I hope you're having a wonderful weekend yourself!
      Lovely to get a comment from you as always, dear!
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. Love it! The scene from Sound of Music is my favorite :) Check out my blog today! I've nominated you for an award :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An award!? Oh my goodness!!!! Thank you so much, Hun!
      I'll definitely be going to your blog today.
      Have a beautiful day!
      Xoxo

      Delete
  12. lovely classic movie stills xo
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!
      I would love to follow you, Anthea!
      Have a beautiful day, and thanks for commenting. :)
      xoxo

      Delete