Monday, May 7, 2012

You're Beautiful!

Happy Monday, Lovelies! I hope your day has been wonderful so far!

Today's post is going to be about something most women never want to talk about... their body. I would guess that most of you women out there probably don't like a certain part or parts of your body. But those "parts" of your body are part of you and part of what makes you unique. Think about it... out of all the billions of women out there in the world not ONE is put together exactly like you! How can one "type" of woman be what society calls "beautiful" when in reality no two women are the same?? You may not like your muffin top. But hey, it's your muffin top, and no other woman out there has exactly the same muffin top you do. I wish every woman in the world would realize that they are a specially crafted masterpiece, with special gifts and talents that only they have! You are priceless. You are the only "you" there is and ever will be. So love yourself and embrace who you are knowing that you have what no one else does.



Don't get me wrong, we need to be healthy! I'm not saying to go out and eat whatever you want and then "embrace your body". You need to take care of your body and give it the nutrients it needs to be healthy. 


"Skinny" doesn't necessarily mean "healthy" and visa versa. Everyone has different body-frames and certain people have bigger bones than others.


Healthy is hot! If you want to loose weight make sure to do it the healthy way.



In future posts I'm going to be talking about how to dress your body shape. Because I'm a firm believer in that looking good makes you feel good. So stay tuned for that!

I hope this encouraged you...
Remember today to love yourself!

xoxo,
Elizabeth


   


8 comments:

  1. Love the encouragement! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog honey...I hope you have a fantastic day! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment, it makes my day! :) Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. I love the comparison you drew between the gorgeous stars of the 50's - 70's compared with today - how has our definitition of 'beautiful' changed so dramatically?! Great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... it's sad the direction we're going. But I'm so glad there are women standing up and saying they don't have to be skinny to be beautiful.

      Thanks so much for stopping by, Rachel! I love your blog, and it makes my day that you would come and leave such a sweet comment. Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. Hi - I am a new follower - showing my support - hope you will drop by and do the same!!
    Best of luck with your blog - it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pamela! I'm a follower on your blog too! You seem like such a talented and crafty person. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement and stopping by to leave me a comment!!
      I hope you have a beautiful rest of your day. :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. This is an awesome post- thanks much. I am currently doing WW and it's slooooow and steady, but healthy is best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad this encouraged you! And thanks so much for stopping by to leave a comment! I love your blog, and I'm thrilled you checked out mine!
      I hope you're doing well.
      Xoxo

      Delete