Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Before and After {Part 1}

I think most women look at themselves in the mirror every morning and cringe at what they see. I know I sometimes do. It takes practice to look at yourself in the morning before all the "beautifying" takes place and say "I look good today" or "I am beautiful", when all we think we see is a face of imperfections staring back at us.

 And it doesn't help in the least when you go out to get your coffee in the morning and you see the faces of beautiful celebrities staring back at you from the magazine rack. You then find yourself putting on your sunglasses in the middle of the store, not looking at anyone in the eye, and putting your hair down in front of your face hoping no one will see the blemishes that seemed to have popped up overnight.

I know I'm not the only one who has been attacked by feelings of ugliness in the morning before I can put on my concealer and mascara. So I've gathered together some of the ladies we've seen staring back at us in all their gorgeousness on the magazine rack. They've been kind enough to show us what they really look like without the 100 person makeup and hair team they have at their disposal 24/7. 

These ladies by no means look ugly without their makeup. But they show us another definition of beauty we sometimes forget about. See, there's really two definitions of beauty. There's the "Glam Beauty" we all love and try to achieve every day by putting on our makeup and doing our hair. And believe me, we SHOULD take the time to make ourselves look the best we can. I don't even want to begin to live my life without lip gloss or mascara! But we need to realize there's "Natural Beauty" as well. The beauty that's imperfect, but perfect, because there's no "model" out there for the perfect beauty. We're all different and we need to learn to embrace that.

AnnaLynne McCord

Taylor Swift
 Adriana Lima

Kirsten Dunst

Katherine Heigl

Jessica Alba

Kate Hudson

Anne Hathaway

Kim Kardashian

Katy Perry

And because I couldn't expose these ladies with out exposing myself:

ME!

This is a two part series, so stay tuned for more natural beauties!

Stay Beautiful!
xoxo,
Elizabeth

  

24 comments:

  1. I love this! I didn't wear make-up today and as I passed the mirror I was like "UGH, I'm nasty!!" My husband just rolled his eyes at me. He always says I look better without make-up...(yikes!) It is so cool that you included your picture as well. You look great!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad this encouraged you, Amy! I'm in no makeup today, too. So this post kind of cheered me up too! If I encouraged one person to be more confident, then the post was more than worth it! Thanks for commenting, hun! And thank you for the compliment, I really appreciate it.
      Have a beautiful day!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Brilliant post dear, it is so well written and perfectly puts into words what we all feel like sometimes. I can completely relate to what you said about beauty and feeling a bit empty without any makeup on. Its interesting to see these celebs without makeup, they are like completely different people! You look beautiful with and without make-up, your natural beauty has not been masked by too much makeup. PS Thanks for your lovely comment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm speechless Sam! Thanks for this beautiful comment! And for the touching compliment... You're so sweet!
      Xoxo

      Delete
  3. great combinations and new proposals

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it darling!! maybe we can follow each others blog?! XoXo

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm so glad you stopped by and left me a comment.
      I love your blog, so I'm following you!
      Have a beautiful day!
      Xoxo

      Delete
  5. OMG.. this is the confirmation that each average unknown girl is indeed pretty... and that a good makeup can do a miracle!:)
    Happy Sunday honey!! kisses
    Jelena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!!! Isn't makeup amazing?
      Thanks for leaving me a comment, Hun!
      Xoxo

      Delete
  6. LOVE seeing the celebs w/out makeup. It's just such a good reminder that we're all not red-carpet stunning when we wake up... or go to bed. Kudos to you for bravely posting your before & after. We are ALL beautiful and should remind ourselves of this constantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Franki! I love your blog, and I'm thrilled you stopped by mine to leave me a comment. What you said is absolutely true.
      Have an awesome day!
      Xoxo

      Delete
  7. wow amazing post thanks for sharing it wit us. ur blog is great would u like to follow each other. i didn't recognise Kim kardashian she looked so different and Kathy Perry didn't look to good. i hate being without my make up on to i just dont feel normal without it. u look beautiful without it and wit it. u have a lovely face and fabulous hair. kisses from Leo in Dublin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in Dublin? Wow! Isn't it amazing how the internet brings people together from all parts of the world with the same interests?
      I'm so glad you commented, because I found a new blog to follow! I love finding new blogger friends. So count me as your newest follower/fan.
      Thanks for the very sweet compliment. You're beautiful yourself!
      Have a beautiful day, hun!
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. So true that we ladies seem to never be satisfied with how we look in the morning (or even all day!). I know I tend to avoid the mirror when I know I don't look my best. The glamorous beauty is beautiful because...well I think it's obvious, but you're right, the natural beauty is beautiful too because in the end, that's who we want people to love us for. (btw, I realize made up eyes make all the difference in these no makeup/made up faces)

    http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right Angelica! I love the glamorous beauty look a whole lot better than the natural beauty look! But don't hate yourself and be embarrassed about what you look like naturally. Rock what you got, because you're the only one thats got what makes up "you"!
      You're right about the eyes... a little (or a lot in some cases) of mascara and liner changes the whole face. Pretty amazing!
      Thanks for commenting, hun!
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. ah thanks so much Elizabeth for ur lovely message ur so beautiful. kisses from ur new Irish follower xx Leo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thank you! It was wonderful to "meet" you!
      Xoxo

      Delete
  10. AMAZING POST!!!!!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I love your profile picture... you look so beautiful!
      Thanks for stopping by to leave me a comment!
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. Such a great post! If we all had professional stylists, we would all be flawless...and boring! I'm learning to love my imperfections with time. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Erika! If everyone was perfect, no one would be different... And that is very boring!
      I'm so thrilled you stopped by my blog to leave me a comment.
      I love your blog, and look forward to every new post!
      Xoxo

      Delete
  12. Hello! I just came across your blog, and I love your style! I’ve decided to follow your blog! If you get a minute, I’d love to know what you think of my latest outfit post! While you’re visiting, follow along so we can keep in touch! :)
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely meeting you Elle! I would be happy to follow you.. Thanks so much for following me!
      Xoxo

      Delete